[haiku] Re: New website theme

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 10:44:35 -0700

Hi Jonas,

Jonas Sundström wrote:
> "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> I love everything about it except the
>>> "close box" in the yellow ribbon...
>>>
>> Point taken. May I ask what you do not like
>> about it? I am really curious to know, because
>> I really think it is a very useful graphic
>> element that fits very well in the overall
>> attempt to make the theme unmistakably distinctive.
>>

> In general recreating traits of known GUIs in web
> format.
>
> It's like symbolism gone too obvious. The yellow
> ribbon by itself would be a more discrete hommage.

Yes, I have come to realize that too. I am sold: the close button will
be gone. ;)

>> With regards to the screenshots, I have not given
>> much thought about it yet. Perhaps a slideshow of
>> some kind.
>>

> I'm thinking screenshots with text, focusing on why
> Haiku is so lovable. Like a juicy executive summary
> of the User's Guide.
>
> http://guide.haikuzone.net/contents
> http://www.tunetrackersystems.com/bedocs/documentation/User's%20Guide/

Yes, I also thinking along the lines of an OS tour that is (of course)
visual but also informative, particularly about the points that make
Haiku unique when compared to other systems. This maybe belongs a thread
of its own. ;)

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki