[haiku] Re: New website theme

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 14:25:57 +0200

Hi,

Jorge G. Mare schrieb:
http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-06_shijin3-front.png
http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-06_shijin3-blog.png
http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-06_shijin3-sideboxes.png
http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-06_shijin3-comments.png

Here is a summary of the changes that I made:

* Removed close button is gone from the menu bar
* Added border to "alpha 1" stamp, changed to more subdued red color and
repositioned
* The download box does not have rounded corners anymore
* Repositioned the jumping fish, err, I mean, the Haiku leaf. :)
* The sidebox borders are now thinner and don't have rounded corners anymore
* Themed comment boxes

TODO (in no particular order):

* Come up with an compelling "Screenshot Tour" element for the front page
* Try lighter background color(s)
* Theme teaser links (read more, comments, etc.)
* Theme pull-down menus
* Add Haiku Store slideshow box w/donation link

Hope you guys like the direction the theme is going. Hopefully we can
have it ready for alpha 1. ;)

Feedback welcome. Cheers!

It really looks pretty awesome now. A work of beauty!

As other people pointed out, I would let the bug be above the stamp. (The stamp is awesome now, and well placed.)

My only other complaint would be the upper left/right corner of the activity tabs. Something looks not quite right there. And maybe one more thing: I kind of liked the round corners of the download box, maybe you removed them because the stamp has round corners, too? If so, just keep it as it is, it's great anyway. Or maybe try the very same corner radius as the side-box headers have. That could be small enough still in order not to clash with the stamp.

Very nicely done, Koki, I love how you managed to clean up the theme from your previous snapshot (mostly due to the side boxes) and outdid your already fantastic work.

Best regards,
-Stephan