[haiku] Re: New website theme

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:44:16 -0700

Howdy,

Jonas Sundström wrote:
> "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> * Front page:
>> http://haikuzone.net/images/2009-08-02_shijin3-01_front-page.png
>>

> I love everything about it except the "close box" in the
> yellow ribbon...

Point taken. May I ask what you do not like about it? I am really
curious to know, because I really think it is a very useful graphic
element that fits very well in the overall attempt to make the theme
unmistakably distinctive.

> Screenshots and downloads are usually what I check first
> when I visit a new software homepage. I don't see a good
> way to emphasize the screenshots link in its current place,
> but it does have good placement. I think most people actively
> looking for screenshots would find that link easily.
>
> I hope the screenshots section pointed to by the frontpage
> stays a narrated visual tour, showing the top features,
> enticing people to try Haiku. (The current content likely
> does not.) This should not preclude a user-submitted
> screenshots section, e.g. in Community, which could be
> offered as an alternative to the visual tour.

WRT user-submitted screenshots section, I think there is something in
the works separately that will address this and other Haiku related artwork.

With regards to the screenshots, I have not given much thought about it
yet. Perhaps a slideshow of some kind.

Thanks for the input! Cheers,

Jorge/Koki