[openbeos] Re: New icons

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 14:27:50 -0200 (GMT+2)

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Gavin James wrote:

> > > you had use bitmap images and convert them to icons using the thumbnail
> > > tool.
> >
> > No. You used the Thumbnail tool to create SVG thumbnails to be used as
> > icons for *IMAGE* files. So the icon was actually a miniature of the
> > original image.
>
> Then why could you not use SVG files directly.

Because icons are attributes to the file, so you actually need to "inject"
the SVG data into the attribute. Icons are not separate files in BeOS.

> Seems kind of pointless to have to convert an SVG file to a bitmap only
> to have it converted back into a SVG? I'm confused.

You don't convert an SVG file to a bitmap. You just inject it into an
attribute for the reason described above. The data in this attribute will
be the (gziped) SVG icon.

-Bruno