[openbeos] Re: New icons

  • From: DarkWyrm <bpmagic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 16:55:40 -0500

>Which of course is incompatible with the Dano/Zeta headers :^)
Not to be antagonistic, but it doesn't make much difference, anyway. Dano/
Zeta breaks binary compatibility with R5 because of how they are defined. R5
uses an enum with integer values. Dano uses global const char *'s. Our new
values, while utilized by no one else at this point, will not break BC. If
you want source compatibility with ui_color, it's probably going to take a
little bit of playing around no matter what we do because of what Be did with
Dano. I guess it's time for me to join BeUnited and write a standard. :D

>François.
>P.S. how would I #ifdef such a thing ? can't #ifdef on enums
Probably #ifdef the whole enum definition would be the only way to go AFAIK.

--DarkWyrm