[haiku] Re: Naming suggestion for Haiku boot loader

  • From: manni86@xxxxxxx
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 03:09:06 +0200

Am 01.09.2010, 12:00 Uhr, schrieb <cran666@xxxxxxxxxx>:

Dear Haiku developers,

I'd like to make a naming suggestion for the Haiku boot loader.
[...]
I'd name that boot loader "halo" (for Haiku loader).

don't like it because its not self explaining. A user hopefully never needs to mess with it after the installation and if he do Haiku loader would more point him to a boot loader then halo...

Regards,
        Clemens

So what about LILO or GRUB? If I don't know what it is, I would never think that this would be the boot loader and I don't know one complaining about that.
I think that's not an argument which really counts here.

Best regards,
Manuel