[haiku] Re: Naming suggestion for Haiku boot loader

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 08:14:09 -0700

> Anyway, did I miss a memo somewhere? I was assuming we would just stick
> with "bootman" from the BeOS days. Really the bootloader should be tiny,
> it doesn't need its own identity IMHO.
>
> Simon

No memo, but we had a discussion on the ML a couple years ago, so I
opened a trac ticket so it wouldn't be forgotten:
http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/2077
I probably should have linked to the old discussion...
There was a boot icon that zuMi made that could be useful for this:
http://zumi.xoom.it/myhaiku/

-scott