[haiku] Re: Naming suggestion for Haiku boot loader

  • From: Justin Stressman <jstressman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2010 07:01:05 -0400

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Brian Hague <alphaseinor@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How about HaiLo (pronounced high-low)

While "HaLo" is short and catchy, I think "HaiLo" has a much more meaningful
connection to actually being a loader, as that's what High/Lows actually
are. So I can see a neat little Haiku colored High/Low (HaiLo) icon
representing it and everything. :)

But none the less a High/Low ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forklift_truck )
is in fact a loader and thus ties the name to the purpose much more closely
than merely having a clever name that brings up completely unrelated imagery
to what it actually does.

http://imgur.com/03OFI.png

See what I mean?

So while I definitely like that cran came up with HaLo, I'd have to put my
"vote" (for what it's worth) behind HaiLo for linking program's usage with
the name and imagery.

(Now I really want to try to make a little HaiLo icon!)