[haiku] Re: Idea for getting attention and possibly more ported software

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 19:37:23 +0200

On 11/08/15 05:38, Thomas Stover wrote:

I've been on a kick the last few days exploring the range of hosted
continuous integration services that are either entirely for open source
software or are free for F/OSS projects. A typical implementation is
something along the lines of:

a) register a github or similar public repo; configure web hook etc
b) deploy a vm with a fresh os image, checkout code
c) run a build script; cap max run time e.g. 30-40min
d) capture output and email or post on web
e) destroy the vm

You've basically described travis: https://travis-ci.org/

Right now their build farm supports Linux containers, Linux VMs, or OSX
(don't know the technology). It's probably not too ludicrous to come up
with a Haiku VM image for them, particularly as Haiku's userland is
fairly Posix.

They also have support for uploading the result to Amazon S3, so you can
use travis for doing real builds as well as continuous integration tests.

│ "There is nothing in the world so dangerous --- and I mean *nothing*
│ --- as a children's story that happens to be true." --- Master Li Kao,
│ _The Bridge of Birds_