[openbeos] Re: Happy X MAs and happy new year 2007

  • From: "Ryan Leavengood" <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:55:46 -0500

On 12/26/06, Stefano Ceccherini <stefano.ceccherini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2006/12/26, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>:

> Also in my investigation of porting WebKit I have come across the ICU
> library from IBM, which would make a great foundation for a LocaleKit.

I thought we were going to use the opentracker locale kit.

Well I'm not speaking in any official capacity on this. I'm not sure
what the opentracker locale kit has, but ICU has a lot of nice i18n
and localization features and it is used in Mac OS X and the WebKit
and I'm sure many other projects. Of course we don't have to "jump on
the bandwagon", but it wouldn't hurt to look at it.

I don't see a reason for us to totally re-invent the wheel all the
time, especially for something complex like i18n.

Regards,
Ryan