[haiku] Re: Haiku website theme.

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 11:00:46 +0200

On 2010-05-13 at 23:32:47 [+0200], Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (2010年05月13日 14:12), Axel Dörfler wrote:
> > I'm afraid If you don't tell us what graphics you created, nothing will
> > happen on that front.
>
> If nothing happens it is because you don't want it to happen, not
> because you can't make it happen. You can simply change to another
> Drupal theme (there are plenty) and work your way up from that.

All of the above is stating the obvious, but besides the point. People
don't like to spend time on something when it isn't yet clear to *them*
whether it is truely necessary.

> > We obviously have no interest to remove the theme from the website (it
> > even says it's under the GPL if you look at the page source), and I
> > find it pretty ridiculous of you to ask for this because of a small
> > part of its artwork.
>
> You unilaterally revoke my admin rights, you take away my website
> blogging permissions and you ban me from IRC and now you expect me to
> help you out figure this out? Do you also want a hug and kiss?

Someone banned you from IRC? That's not right, IMHO, and should be reverted.

You may have a hard time believing it, but for me and apparently other
people, it isn't clear at all what graphics you have done from scratch and
which ones you didn't do at all, or have only modified from pre-existing
graphics of the theme that your work is based on. In other words, it looks
like you have clearly not created the majority of graphics. Obviously all
the icons you didn't do, the logo you didn't do, it's clear you did the
background gradient, probably also the yellow gradient at the top, perhaps
the glow around the page, and you created the background with the big leaf.
The round corners on the boxes are not graphics, but part of the CSS (i.e.
GPL I presume). Did you do the tabs graphics for the activity display? I am
not aware of any other graphics which you may have potentially created. So
all in all, people are forthcomming by asking you which graphics you did,
but you can't expect them to switch to another theme entirely while it
looks like you did only some graphics from scratch. I think it's more
reasonable to replace just those.

In any case I'll get to work today on the ones where it's pretty certain
that you created them from scratch.

Best regards,
-Stephan