[haiku] Haiku website theme.

  • From: Bruno Albuquerque <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 14:56:02 -0300

Haiku Inc. has started an inquiry into the the matter of the copyright
claim by Jorge G. Mare on the website team. There are uncertainties
about the fact that the theme is a derivative work of the Acquia theme
that is released under the GPL license.

While the board respects anybody's interest in distributing their work
under compatible licensing terms, we also have the responsibility to
carefully weigh the alternatives when it comes to removing work that
is such an essential part of the Haiku ecosystem.

It is therefore our decision to continue to use the website theme
until there is a reasonable alternative, or if it is determined that
there is a legal need to replace it.

-Bruno Albuquerque
 on behalf of Haiku Inc.