[haiku] Re: Haiku website theme.

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 23:12:40 +0200

"Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> (2010/05/13 11:20), Ryan Leavengood wrote:
> > On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 2:13 PM, Jorge G. Mare<koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >> That being the case, I use this medium to make you aware that if
> > > you
> >> continue to use my theme, you are doing so against my will and
> > > without my
> >> permission, and thus are in violation of the exclusive rights that
> > > I have
> >> over the work granted to me by copyright law as the sole author of
> > > the work.
> > Please prepare a list of all works you consider your sole creation,
> > so
> > that we can respect your wishes and replace them.
> There is no need for a list. Just remove the theme from the website,
> and
> that should do it. Replace it with whatever you want; I don't care.

I'm afraid If you don't tell us what graphics you created, nothing will
happen on that front.
We obviously have no interest to remove the theme from the website (it
even says it's under the GPL if you look at the page source), and I
find it pretty ridiculous of you to ask for this because of a small
part of its artwork.

I know for sure that most of the graphics haven't been done by you
personally, and are the original work by someone else -- that you may
or may not have changed a little to fit in.
If you want us to remove the color gradient from the website, I guess
that one could be replaced easily.

Bye,
   Axel.