[haiku] Re: Haiku at the Ohio Linuxfest this weekend

  • From: Jon Yoder <darkwyrm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:54:40 -0400

No problem Joe, I am beginning to think however that promoting Haiku via
Linux specialized event, it kind of like trying to sell a used car
salesman a car he already owns. Not only that, Linux people seem to be
pretty ingrained into the Linux culture, at least those attending Linux
events. I am going to keep looking for more effective means of
promotions, but its a tough sell without allot more functionality in
regards to software/apps on Haiku.

Sean
I disagree. Having attended three OLFs, two of which I helped Joe and Mike run the Haiku table, I talked to a ton of penguin fans who were genuinely interested in Haiku. While I wasn't able to help run the table this year, I did stop by for a moment and even then I met a couple of people who knew about and/or had tried it. Linux users tend to be more open-minded about stuff like this. :)

--Jon