[haiku] Re: Haiku at the Ohio Linuxfest this weekend

  • From: Alexander von Gluck <kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 09:07:56 -0500

On Thu, 8 Sep 2011 07:40:21 -0400, Joseph Prostko wrote:
On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 11:40 PM, Sean Collins
<smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Joseph Prostko wrote:

PS: If you are attending OLF and would like to assist us at the Haiku
table, we appreciate any help we can get!

I am trying to make it down Saturday. Would be nice to show off the Radeon
HD driver, hint hint.

Very cool, look forward to seeing you there if you can make it!

Last time I tried plugging in my PCI ID for my card and building, I
recall it going into KDL right before it hit the desktop.  That said,
this was before the latest AtomBIOS changes, so maybe if I'll be
luckier when I try again later tonight.  There's only one way to find
out!

Don't bother with the radeon_hd for the moment... the move to AtomBIOS is taking a while to get everything set up properly... once I have all the structure set up though mode changing should be a pretty quick change (in theory). At the moment I can give you a 100% chance that you will see a lovely black no signal screen.

I was also considering just running under virtualization on the X120e
so I could try out the Virtualbox Guest Additions.  In any case, I
should have something to show on Saturday, I'm just not sure what yet.
 :)

The VirtualBox additions work great, be sure to disable the hardware
VT-x / AMD-V acceleration in VirtualBox though.. there are still some
lingering crashing issues under load I noticed the other day.

Thanks!