[haiku] Re: Haiku as the easy-to-use, free, open, secure OS

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2013 19:54:55 -0400

gs@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Yes, that's understandable. I hope Haiku, as it matures, will make it
easy for the user to choose to avoid proprietary software. Having two
distinct repositories, as Debian does, is one example to solve this
problem. Even having both repositories enabled by default, but giving
the user a way to easily disable the non-free repository, would be a
significant step towards a more free system.

-

For Haiku to be of any real significance. It just needs to make life easy for the user, preferring proprietary to open source, is not required imho and creates artificial roadblocks. We should hope for commercial interest, there will be code contribution and funding.

Sean