[haiku] Re: Haiku as the easy-to-use, free, open, secure OS

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2013 19:17:32 -0400

Ryan Leavengood wrote:

Nope, I personally suspect that the "official" Certificate Authorities
have been compromised, but for now that is not a problem Haiku can
solve, that is an issue for the wider internet.

What I am advocating is ensuring that Haiku itself is not compromised
as an endpoint. There has been statements from Snowden and others that
Windows and other commercial OSes are inherently compromised and that
therefore even if you encrypted something the plaintext might have
already been exposed.

Who is Microsoft's biggest customer, the US government.

That should terrify you.

Microsoft's biggest customers are all governments.

Sean