[openbeos] Re: Haiku Radeon Driver: Has anyone had success with an X1950 Pro?

  • From: Philippe Houdoin <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 01:25:25 +0100

> When do you think the "sometime" of the RadeonHD driver
> 2d acceleration will be? :-)

Should be soon and, according to an AMD engineer, the 2D acceleration code from
older radeons should still be accepted by R500 & R600 command processor.

For more interested details, check John Bridgman (bridgman) post at bottom:
http://www.phoronix.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-6378.html

PS: I'm also an x1950 pro owner, BTW. My previous x850xt wasn't supported by our
Haiku driver either, resulting into a reboot. It's unrelated but since, the card
"dies": VRAM goes bad.

Philippe