[openbeos] Haiku Radeon Driver: Has anyone had success with an X1950 Pro?

  • From: Finn Bastiansen <beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 08:02:38 +0100

Hi all,

has anyone had success using the Haiku Radeon driver with an X1950 Pro
card? I tried to compile the Haiku Radeon driver for R5 but did not succeed
so far, so I would like to know before if it's worth another try or if it
wouldn't work anyway yet.
The X1950 is not listed in detect.c in the Radeon directory, however it is
listed in trunk/src/preferences/devices/pci.ids and in detect.c it says "
this table is gathered from different sources". Does that mean the file is
built/updated automatically during compile time, e.g. from the pci.ids file?
I suspect, however, that being listed in the pci.ids file is not enough to
be supported by the Radeon driver ...

Greetings,
Finn