[openbeos] Re: Haiku Radeon Driver: Has anyone had success with an X1950 Pro?

  • From: beos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 15:43:45 +0100

Hi Axel,

> It does not yet work with these cards.

do you know (or anyone reading this) if there are big differences in the
architecture? I saw in the detect.c file that the X800 series is (seems to be)
supported, which is the direct predecessor to the X1800 series. Thus the
necessary changes might be not so large (though there might have been
substantial architectural changes from one series to the other nevertheless).

> The pci.ids file is available on the net, and has nothing to do with
> the driver support on Haiku; it's just a general list for PCI devices.

I hoped it might have been enough; however, this only holds if the
architectural changes were minor and the problem was just to add the specific
ID (by including the information from the pci.ids file).

Thanks,
Finn