[openbeos] Re: Haiku Network Preferences

  • From: "Salvatore Benedetto" <emitrax@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2008 21:42:56 +0000

Ok, I'll back him up :)

On 10/04/2008, philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx <philippe.houdoin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Dario,
>

>  > i've made the network preferences gui as i wrote here:
>  > http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/Networks%20Preferences
>  >
>  > it needs some grafical improvement but it's not bad!!
>  > right now it behaves as the old one
>  > tell me what you think about :
>  > http://bluehq.altervista.org/myworkshot.png
>

> I guess your screenshot upload got mixed somewhere, as it ends on a void.gif
> image instead.
>  The same happens to the few .cpp files you've linked in your forum post you
> made on haiku-os.it BTW.
>  (http://www.haiku-os.it/node/272)
>
>  Meanwhile, until you fix that issue, people can read your blog here:
>  http://www.bluehq.blogspot.com/
>  ... where, in fact, another screenshot of your work is actually available
> this time.
>
>  I'm not italian fluent, but you seems to say that you're in the process to
> move code to new Haiku layout system, right? Or is already done?
>
>  Last but not least, are you one of Google Summer of Code 2008 applicant, as
> this preflet is one of the slot proposed? If not, please consider contacting
> stippi (Stephan Assmus) in order he could avoid duplicate efforts.
>
>  Philippe Houdoin.

Unfortunately he is under 18 and couldn't apply to gsoc. However he
has been trying to develop the network preference anyway to look as
close as possible to the one described on the wiki, and he has also
integrated last year gsoc student code in order to get some
functionality.

Plfiorini and I have tried to help him, but personally beside helping
with coding style, svn and
generating patch, there is not much I can do as I don't know anything
about the interface Kit.

Regards,
--
Salvatore Benedetto (a.k.a. emitrax)