[openbeos] Re: Haikiu icon

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:42:45 +0100

Hi,

> Where can one find the original full blue leaf image ?

the original image is a vector WonderBrush file (obviously :-). I used
WonderBrush to export it to RDEF format used throughout the Haiku source
tree. I'm attaching the file to this message...

I hope that by scaling down the leaf/feather to "fit" the deskbar space,
one will realise that it is less recognisable. IAW (again) it is cut off on
purpose. IMHO, it looks more stylish too.

For the record, I don't think the other leaf shape is better than the
current logo. As one will see when peeking into the file I'm sending, I
already tried with that as well (I even made my own vector version instead
of just taking the website version and scaling it down).

On the website, you can see the leaf is floating on water - on the Deskbar,
that cannot be distinguished anymore. Therefor, I'd rather have clear
colors. I mean, straight gradients. Feel free to experiment with the vector
version of the other leaf you will find in the attached file.

Best regards,
-Stephan

P.S. If you don't have a WonderBrush license to extract the vector data
from the file.... tough luck! :-P