[openbeos] Re: waif child found!

  • From: "Joseph Prostko" <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 12:29:26 -0500

This has been driving me nuts as well.  I used to be able to build several
months ago, but this past week when I started building again, I couldn't get
it to work.  I'm thinking maybe it was the upgrade to Zeta 1.1, but I can't
be sure.

I've made sure I have the current GCC, tried the version of Jam from the
haiku-os.org site, tried my own buildtool version of Jam, etc, etc.  I'm
about 100% sure my configuration is right, so I think it is somehow the OS's
fault.

It fails at the exact same point as you with that "waif child found!"
garbage.  I'm going to try to get an R5 Pro partition going this weekend to
make sure it's not just something I'm doing fundamentally wrong, however.

If no resolution for the problem is found in the meantime, I'll tell you my
findings.

- joe

I've tried building my own jam,