[openbeos] Re: Haikiu icon

  • From: "Gregor B. Rosenauer" <gregor.rosenauer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 13:22:50 +0100

Just a small sign of life from over here since my previous posts didn't
get through (subscribed with my old email-address:-/) - I only want to
add 2 things:

[stippi's icon being cut off]
This is, as stippi said, a well known and established design effect to
create tension and make the image stand out. It's used a lot in film and
photography because it makes your mind work to complete the image and so
your attention-level is raised which makes the picture leave a deeper
impression.
I like stippi's image for this effect and for its simplicity.

mmadia's icon OTOH looks very stylish and I like it, but one minor
complaint is that it looks like being selected (the blue border). Maybe
it could be made a bit transparent to make the deskbar shine through?

Gregor (Hugh)