[openbeos] Re: Haikiu icon

  • From: Methe <methedras@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 13:47:34 -0500

Hi,
thanks Stephan, everything you said is basically what I wanted to do: see for myself that keeping the leaf cut might be the best solution, try around things, etc. I love this logo anyway, very calm. Getting reassured was basically why I posted the first mail to this thread that has become exactly what I didn't want: a fight for logos...

thanks for the file,

Methe

Stephan Assmus a écrit :
Hi,

Where can one find the original full blue leaf image ?

the original image is a vector WonderBrush file (obviously :-). I used WonderBrush to export it to RDEF format used throughout the Haiku source tree. I'm attaching the file to this message...

I hope that by scaling down the leaf/feather to "fit" the deskbar space, one will realise that it is less recognisable. IAW (again) it is cut off on purpose. IMHO, it looks more stylish too.

For the record, I don't think the other leaf shape is better than the current logo. As one will see when peeking into the file I'm sending, I already tried with that as well (I even made my own vector version instead of just taking the website version and scaling it down).

On the website, you can see the leaf is floating on water - on the Deskbar, that cannot be distinguished anymore. Therefor, I'd rather have clear colors. I mean, straight gradients. Feel free to experiment with the vector version of the other leaf you will find in the attached file.

Best regards,
-Stephan

P.S. If you don't have a WonderBrush license to extract the vector data from the file.... tough luck! :-P