[openbeos] Re: Expander's behaviour (was: unrar)

  • From: Michael Pfeiffer <michael.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 21:43:43 +0100

Am 05.02.2005 um 21:16 schrieb Jonas Sundström:

"Rob Tijssen" <rob.tijssen@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I personally prefer that the archive is opened at the
place it is situated instead of putting them on the desktop.

From what I can tell ZIP-FS Mount mounts all zip filesystems below ~/ zipfs. Tracker additionally displays all mounted volumes on the desktop, regardless of mount point. (Or in the "Disks" folder, if you've set that preference.)

It should be trivial to make ZIP-FS Mount do in-place mounting though.
Or almost-in-place mounting. (You have to use some variation on the
filename, like "Foo.zip volume", or whatever, for the mount point
folder, so they don't clash.)

Indeed. But adding attribute support has a higher priority.

Each mounted zip-file also creates a folder below /boot/var/tmp/zipfs,
but these are empty. I have no idea they are created. (Left-overs from
the ftpfs code?)

This is the place of the file cache. When you open a file (or better when it is read), its contents is extracted there.

- Michael