[openbeos] Re: Expander's behaviour (was: unrar)

  • From: "Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:01:38 +0100 CET

"Jonas Sundström" <jonas@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "Simple" approach:
> Create zipfs, tarfs, etc. Create glue application called
> MountArchive.
> Set it as the Preferred Application of zip, tar, etc. This app would
> handle opening/mounting/showing in Tracker. (well, mounting primarily
> -
> - It's so simple my glue app ZooKeeper could do it.)

Clarification:

The glue application ("MountArchive" or whatever) would exist only to
handle the opening of files. It would have no user interface, and it
wouldn't take any command-line arguments. It would act upon the
B_REFS_RECEIVED message, mount each supported archive and then exit.

For the record, I prefer the second, combined approach. It's more
clean, no glue app laying around (seemingly without purpose), and it's
nicer/more logical being able to set "zipfs", "tarfs", etc as the
Preferred Application of each individual filetype, instead of having
"MountArchive" be the Preferred Application of all of them.

/Jonas Sundström.                 www.kirilla.com