[openbeos] Re: Expander's behaviour (was: unrar)

  • From: Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 8:37:29 +0000

[snip]

> Actually -v isn't necessary when extracting. When listing, it gives us
> extra info about files.
> I don't understand why you want to change the listing command from -tvf
> to -tf

Because the long listing never fits on one line in expander, and makes it hard
to see which information belongs to which file. Also, as permissions aren't
really implemented in BFS anyway, it is kinda useless to see that data. Finally
I think BeOS/Haiku should be obvious for non-geeky types - if you want to know
the contents of a zip, it means you want to know the files inside it. I
question how important it is to know the permissions on those files.

> Bye,
> Jérôme

Simon