[haiku] Re: Drupal Template

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jan 2010 13:31:33 -0800

Matt Madia wrote:
On Sat, Jan 2, 2010 at 21:01, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The new theme used in the Haiku website -- called Shijin 3 -- is version
6.x-1.3 of the Acquia Marina theme plus a local.css file with a lot of CSS
overrides and graphic files (i.e., backgrounds, icons, etc.).

License-wise, Acquia Marina is GPL, so Shijin 3 also falls under the same
license. Which means that I have to release the derived theme, which I plan
to do once I clean up the files, hopefully this coming week, in the form of
a generic (as in, not Haiku-specific) theme package.
Initially, this struck me as not complying with the GPL, as that
generic theme would be a second derived work and not the current GPL
version being used on the website. After some googling and talking in
freenode#drupal-contribute here's their input summarized:

Basically, since the derivate work isn't being distributed outside of
our organization, we do not need to provide the source code. So, this
would allow us to create & distribute the second more generic theme as
GPL, without needing to distribute the current Shijin 3.
http://drupal.org/licensing/faq#q8

If that's the case, then I would rather keep the full Shijin 3 theme under wraps for use only by the project and provide it to HUG sites selectively upon request.

Cheers,

Jorge/aka Koki