[openbeos] Re: Does beos have gtk

  • From: Ari Haviv <AriB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 02:00:28 -0500

Not necessarily. It takes time to unlearn old habits. If someone is used to clicking the Start button to shutdown the computer, he'll pause a few seconds "where is the start...oh that's where it is". Not to say that everything in BeOS is super-intuitive but who can really say Windows is? However many people have spent years with Windows and it's second nature to them by now.

Scott MacMaster wrote:

Give it a chance to sink in and I think you'll find it just about the most
intuitive interface around.

Something about that statement just doesn't settle right with me. Doesn't intuitive mean it's useable without a period of learning it?

Scott MacMaster

---