[openbeos] Re: Does beos have gtk

  • From: Ari Haviv <AriB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 01:54:27 -0500

Gollum wrote:

I mean I love gtk. I would love to see a port of gtk on beos. Makes sense.
All the applicaion base of linux could hence be recompiled under open beos.

According to previous comments. I really think linux does feel a bit slow.
And I blame X for it. It's too heavy. It's got too many features that no one
uses. And no one in the linux community has the sense of making a new gui
server. They at times seem to be stuck with old meaningless traditions.
Otherwise I love linux. There is so much to play around with.

I am also pretty sure that the extensive themability is another good reason why linux guis are slower than they should be