[haiku] Re: Cursor lags mouse movement - how to fix?

  • From: Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:41:35 -0400

> Kevin Ar18 <kevinar18@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The solution is given here:
> > //www.freelists.org/post/haiku-development/Mouse-performance-was-VirtualBox-Mouse-laggyness,
> > > 1
> >
> > How do I do this?
>
> Not sure I understand this question, as Michael already gives an
> explanation: just go to a Terminal, "cd" to the given path, and delete
> the driver in question (probably called "opensound" or "oss"). What
> further questions do you have?

Sorry, I should have specified what I meant.  I was wondering how to boot with
add-ons disabled -- as well a clarification on the other areas.

Example of what I was seeking clarification on:
Check for conflicts. Check how?  What conflicts?
Boot with user add-ons disabled. How?
Either remove OSS or hda. Which one?

Per your suggestion, I tried removing the only opensound file I could find
(which was somewhere else completely different on the system) and the hda file
(which was in the right place).  Rebooted; the issue remains.

Anyways, I don't really need this issue resolved -- the networking didn't work
anyways (guess Haiku can't detect it through virtual pc), but if you want to
keep the info for a bug report here goes:
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit
Virtual PC 2007 SP1 64bit
Haiku R1
Haiku R2
- no network card detected
- cursor lags mouse movement
Network card tried: Nvidia nforce & Shared Networking (NAT)

I doubt this is really much help, but just thought I'd give it in case you want
to keep it on file or something.
Again, I don't really need to troubleshoot this any further -- as it doesn't
work quite right anyways, but if you can use the info for something, here it
is. :)