[openbeos] Re: Common file-organisation

  • From: "Ithamar R. Adema" <ithamar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 11:13:26 +0100

Hi,

I just would advise people to stick to JavaDoc style comments for the
moment, as almost every tool can handle those, and they are pretty easy
to parse as well. So whether we choose to build something ourselfs, or
use a standard tool, javadoc style comments should be useful anyhow.

Regards,

Ithamar.

>I think that one thing we could do is just agree on a standard right
>now, some common way of documenting our code, and then during the next
>x weeks work on a parser for that commenting system so we can get
>output how we want it.  If we're thinking essentially of an
>automagically updating OpenBeBook, I don't see a whole lot of problems
>with coming up with a very simple program to get the output we want.
>The important thing would be to come up with a standard way of
>documenting code soon, whatever it is, before we end up 80% completed
>with no common documenting system.
>
>I think that a while back there was some talk on the list about an
OBOS