[openbeos] Re: Bug-reporting on Mail Daemon Replacement

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:31:27 EST (-0300)

> I don't have a problem with MDR, it was made to replace the standard
> one, but what happens if we start to include other code from other
> companies too, and their plans don't quite match OBOS's. Something
> like
> MDR won't affect the whole OBOS project. What about some company that
> offers networking to us, and then takes it away? How about Travis
> decides that he wants to implement something in NewOS kernel that
> makes
> it almost impossible to use for OBOS. What about a browser that is
> offered to us, and then becomes a commercial product.

Well, I see your point but I can assure you that our goal is the same
of OBOS. Also, all code we are writting directly for OpenBeOS (BFS with
me and Axel and GL with Nathan) does belong entirelly to OpenBeOS. It
is not a Dr. Z. thing, tough we all are members of it.

> All I am saying is perhaps there should be tight rules as to what
> allowing a product to be shipped with OBOS.
>
> I didn't mean to annoy anyone here, but its just an issue I have with
> the projects fragmentation. While I am happy now, I would be totally
> happy if it were all under one roof, and OpenBeOS code and software
> belonged to OpenBeOS.

Yeah, I see this now. Sorry... I really was more harsh than I intended
to be. :)

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

"If you've done six impossible things before breakfast, why not round
it off with dinner at Milliway's, the restaurant at the end of the
universe?"