[openbeos] Re: Bug-reporting on Mail Daemon Replacement

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 18:10:35 CET (+0100)

> i think Joachim raises a very good point. if it's going to be
> released
> with OpenBeOS, i think maybe it would be a good place to have
> a central database. it's seems quite silly to me to have different
> places
> to send bugs for every single preferences panel and daemon. doesn't
> really look much like a unified effort and it may detour people from
> filing
> bugs.

If it would diversify that much, it would be a bad idea, yes.

The MDR is developed and maintained by "Dr. Zoidberg Enterprises" - bug
reports should go to their bug-tracker.

OpenTracker was developed by Be Inc., and is maintained as a separate
package as it belongs to BeOS as it belongs to OpenBeOS. Furthermore,
it's a "shipping" product and independent from OpenBeOS.
Bugs should be reported at http://opentracker.sourceforge.net

All other stuff is a united effort and those bug reports should go
directly to OpenBeOS.

It's perhaps not the ideal solution, and perhaps this may change in the
future, but that's the way it is now.

Adios...
   Axel.