[openbeos] Re: Bug-reporting on Mail Daemon Replacement

  • From: "Bruno G. Albuquerque" <bga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 16:09:47 EST (-0300)

> >The MDR is *not* a division of OBOS. We allow it to be shipped with
> >OpenBeOS and support OBOS's efforts, but it fundamentally a
> > different
> >pieve of code.
> >-Nathan
>
> I love MDR, but this concerns me.
>
> I could say "everything I write is *my* code, but I will allow it to
> be
> shipped with OpenBeOS"
>
> I then go and write a hefty chunk of the kernel, and after a few
> months
> /years I decide I don't want OpenBeOS to use it anymore.
>
> I think that OpenBeOS code and software, should be OpenBeOS code and
> software, unless its GPL.

1 - MDR started *WAY* before OpenBeOS. In fact Dr. Zoidberg's original
objective was to start replacing every possible BeOS component.

2 - MDR uses the MIT/BSD license so the licensing thing you mention is
simply not going to happen.

3 - Even if it was not, I am saying that all our code can be used by
OpenBeOS. If you don't think my word is not enough, then see point 2
above. Anyway, my word should be enough.

4 - No one is forcing MDR to be inbcluded with OpenBeOS. We offered it
to help in a more direct way. The option to this is easy, not to
include it. I really don't care either way.

Yeah, I am probably being a bit harsh here, but stuff like this one
really gets me in a bad mood.

-Bruno

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

X-rated movies are all alike ... the only thing they leave to the
imagination is the plot.