[haiku] Authentification?

  • From: "Nigel Malthus" <malthi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:51:20 +1200 NZST

A minor point, probably: I see the word "authentification" used in the
Mail app (in the mail provider database attributes). I gather that
spelling may be quite common in European IT, but the correct English
word is "authentication". Wkipedia redirects. And see
http://dag.wieers.com/blog/authentification-does-not-exist

Am I worrying too much to see that as a potential problem in an
international project, where both words may get into the codebase? If
some function expects a string of one spelling, but gets the other?

Put it this way: I'm not at all familiar with coding practice but if
you guys maintain a dictionary of standard/difficult words, this may be
one you've missed :-)

--
Nigel Malthus,
Christchurch, NZ.

"The only real way to look younger is not to be born so soon."
                -- Charles Schulz, "Things I've Had to Learn Over and
                   Over and Over"