[haiku] Re: Archival & Deletion of Unused ML's?

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 13:02:30 -0700

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Would it be possible in one way or another to remove these lists?
> eg, archive the existing content somewhere on Haiku's website and
> delete the accounts
>  -or-
> somehow set the mailing lists to readonly, such that no new mails can
> be sent and the current archives would remain in place.

<snip>

> Is anyone against either form of action?

I would suggest leaving them as-is on freelists.org - but perhaps
locking them down for now so that nobody posts there (basically: your
second suggestion)

Leaving the archives on freelists would still be a good idea in such
event that there are websites out there linking to threads on those
lists still (it's always annoying when one encounters broken links).

On the other hand, those mailing lists that have no posts, or no posts
of any value, I would suggest removing entirely, if freelists even has
that option.

- Urias