[haiku] Re: Archival & Deletion of Unused ML's?

  • From: Rob Judd <haiqu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 16:45:06 +1000

Matt Madia wrote:
Numerous mailing lists at our mailing list page have been inactive for
over a year and in some cases two years [1].
Would it be possible in one way or another to remove these lists?
eg, archive the existing content somewhere on Haiku's website and
delete the accounts
  -or-
somehow set the mailing lists to readonly, such that no new mails can
be sent and the current archives would remain in place.

Here's the least used mailing lists :
mailing list, date of last post, URL
--------------------
obos-qa,        2007-02,        //www.freelists.org/list/obos-qa
openbeostranslationkit, 2007-02,
//www.freelists.org/list/openbeostranslationkit
openbeos-cdt,   2007-07,        //www.freelists.org/list/openbeos-cdt
openbeosmediakit,       2007-07,
//www.freelists.org/list/openbeosmediakit
openbeosstorage,        2007-08,
//www.freelists.org/list/openbeosstorage
haiku-marcom,   NO POSTS IN ARCHIVE,
//www.freelists.org/list/haiku-marcom

For both obos-qa and openbeostranslationkit , the 2007-02 was a single
post from Waldemar inquiring about the list admin.
Prior to that, their last post was in 2002.

Is anyone against either form of action?

I haven't seen any email from haiku-kernel since joining either, so I'm guessing that everyone is on the main haiku-development mailing list.

Rob