[haiku] Re: AW: Re: [haiku]how to set the grub on karmic koala?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 11:39:34 -0500

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:43 AM, Ankur Sethi <get.me.ankur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> IMO, Grub2 adds needless complexity to a process that was once quite
> simple.

Good to see the Linux guys continuing to shoot themselves in the foot
with needless complexity for simple tasks. Executable scripts for
setting up the Grub boot menu? What? I'm sure that makes perfect sense
in the mind of a Linux geek (and I see some benefits), but the after
user is just going to scratch their head. Just another example of
things Haiku should NOT emulate from Linux.

--
Regards,
Ryan