[haiku] Re: AW: Re: [haiku]how to set the grub on karmic koala?

  • From: Dustin Howett <alaricx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 16:35:22 -0500

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Maxime Simon <simon.maxime@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Actually Grub2 configuration is in /etc/default/grub and then you should
>> run update-grub. The scripts files in /etc/grub would be modified with this
>> latest command.
>
> What? You edit things in a "default" directory??? Who comes up with this crap?

The maintainers of Debian and Debian-descended distributions. It's an
aberration just like the alternatives system.

Of note is that I was never able to get Haiku to chainload boot with
GRUB2, it would just hang after I issued the boot command. GRUB legacy
worked fine; this was my main motivation for implementing multiboot
support into what was, at the time, zbeos.

--
- Dustin L. Howett