[haiku] Re: AW: Re: [haiku]how to set the grub on karmic koala?

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 12:38:14 -0500

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Ivan Vodopiviz <merkoth@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Most Linux text-mode installers would disagree with you. It is
> possible to implement wizards in text-mode: X and the kernel have been
> doing something similar for years.

That was my thought as well.

> I like the idea of grub2 because now updating it won't screw up your
> customizations, but the actual implementation leaves a lot to be
> desired.

Yes indeed. Though I'm pretty sure I've customized my grub.lst before
and never had it screwed up after kernel updates. So for me (and I
suspect most people) this is a solution looking for a problem.

Anyhow, I guess this is enough Linux/Grub bashing, and I'm sure we all
have enough reasons to want Haiku instead of Linux on our desktops or
laptops.

--
Regards,
Ryan