[haiku-web] Re: website sub domains was (Re: Drupal Twitter Module)

  • From: Niels Reedijk <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 13:42:45 +0200

Hi Axel,

2009/4/10 Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Niels Reedijk wrote:
>> Now the core developers (A) are a special case. Their main mode of
>> communication is through the haiku-development mailing list and
>> through the source repository. They do not need any special
>> representation on the web, though one of the challenges is to try to
>> get them to interact with the community (B) a bit more. They have two
>> tools: dev.haiku-os.org and repos.haiku-os.org.
>
> While I don't see the need to put everything into separate sub domains,
> I think you missed out another group of people: developers that are not
> core developers. Those need documentation on the website, and not just
> API documentation, and tutorials to develop apps for Haiku, but also
> architectural documents, and stuff that gives an introduction to
> developing Haiku itself.

Unless someone is willing to actively work on that, there is no point
of making any effort into something that will be very likely
unmaintained anyway. In that case I think it is better to maintain a
list of relevant documents (such as the BeBook and the newsletters)
and let people scavenge hunt for things like they do now anyway.

Kind regards,

Niels