[haiku-web] Re: website sub domains was (Re: Drupal Twitter Module)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 23:14:32

Niels Reedijk wrote:
> Now the core developers (A) are a special case. Their main mode of
> communication is through the haiku-development mailing list and
> through the source repository. They do not need any special
> representation on the web, though one of the challenges is to try to
> get them to interact with the community (B) a bit more. They have two
> tools: dev.haiku-os.org and repos.haiku-os.org.

While I don't see the need to put everything into separate sub domains,
I think you missed out another group of people: developers that are not
core developers. Those need documentation on the website, and not just
API documentation, and tutorials to develop apps for Haiku, but also
architectural documents, and stuff that gives an introduction to
developing Haiku itself.

Bye,
   Axel.