[haiku-web] Re: New Template for Haiku's site

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 16:01:37 +0200

Adriano Foschi wrote:
Hello! I'm a new user in the Haiku OS Community. Thanks to suggestions from Mmadia and Barrett, I released a template preview for the official website of Haiku OS. The theme reintroduces the desktop of Haiku (windows, icons, colors, etc.). So I decided to suggest my work as a replacement for the actual template.

Preview:
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/7444/templateg.png

Bye! ;)

Hi Adriano,
Welcome to Haiku!

Note that Barett posted the link on IRC so i initially saw the screenshot out of context, whithout knowing hat it was.

My very first impression (first seconds) was, "Wow! beautiful rework of the 'About Haiku"' application!" :) My second impression was, "Ah very nice design, but this kind of ui might be better suited for a documentation site (think bebook with a searchbox)." (at that point i was looking only at the content of the window). Then it took me a couple of minutes to realize that the whole screenshot was the web page. And this is where i have a problem, in my opinion i don't think that web site should disguise into an operating system. This is very troubling for my brain :) but i'm open to discussion.

Other than that issue, i think that you have pretty good design skills (you got me twice) and thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
Alex