[haiku-web] Re: Fwd: [Website feedback] "Not allowed to request a new password"

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 21:23:58 -0500

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, in this case, I would be willing to explain to the individual that
> they can have access to their account again, but they must not ever
> post links to illegal content on the Haiku website, and another
> offense would likely get them banned permanently.

I think this is a reasonable approach and probably also reasonable for
future cases. It seems rare enough that it does not warrant creating
any new policies or otherwise wasting anyone's time. I'm not even sure
if it is necessary to add a warning to the comment form. Most people
should be smart enough not to post warez links, and if they do well
they will quickly learn and can be added back if they ask nicely.

--
Regards,
Ryan