[haiku-web] Re: Fwd: [Website feedback] "Not allowed to request a new password"

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 18:17:04 -0800

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 6:00 PM, Jorge G. Mare <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I still think that automatically blocking an account, while harsh, is
> the most effective warning. I do agree that a warning along the lines of
> "Posting links to warez will automatically qualify your account for
> being blocked" prominently displayed in the comment form would be a good
> and fair thing to have; I could add that if you want.

I don't have any problem blocking an account for posting a link to
illegal content (maybe marking as "spammer" also was a bit misleading
in this case ;).

However, if a user has enough motivation to then contact the site
admins to inquire about the status of their account, and is
furthermore educated - I think it's worth giving them another chance.

So far, we have only had a few blocked individuals ever inquire as to
why they were blocked - I know at least one case where we notified
them not to post URLs and annoying HTML in their profiles, and they
complied.

So, in this case, I would be willing to explain to the individual that
they can have access to their account again, but they must not ever
post links to illegal content on the Haiku website, and another
offense would likely get them banned permanently.

Those are just my thoughts.