[haiku-web] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Haiku-commits] r24542 - in haiku/trunk: . build/scripts]

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 07:53:14 -0700

Howdy,

Curtis Wanner wrote:
Just to clarify, I was referring to
http://www.haiku-os.org/documents/dev/getting_the_source_code.

Ah, ok. You got me confused there, because I was referring to the Development page. :)

However, I do like the changes made to that other page as well.  I modified
it a bit by including the headers in that section as part of the unordered
list.  At the very least they need to be indented from the left.  I got to
the bottom and it looked like Development Community was part of "For Linux".

Sorry, but I reverted back to the original indentation. As a rule of thumb, you indent bullet lists (and what may be within them). "For Haiku", "For BeOS..." and "For Linux" are subtitles used to categorize the bullet lists, but are not bullets themselves, so they should not be indented to help visualize each group of bullets. Also, the linux section is not a bullet list (it's a sentence), so it should be not indented either.

You do have a point that a little space at the bottom of this section to visually separate it from the "Development Community" block would be beneficial, so I added an extra line; not very high-tech, but it works. :)

How about the content? Any techies here that could confirm that the content of this lists is acurrate? Niels? Or do we run it through a couple of devs just in case?

Cheers,

Koki

Koki wrote:
Howdy,

I created a page with some tentative changes here:

http://www.haiku-os.org/node/2113

Please check it out and let me know what you think. Once you are happy
with it, we can just copy and paste the whole thing into the
Development
page and remove it.

Cheers,

Koki

On Wed, 2008-04-02 at 02:57 -0400, Curtis Wanner wrote:
Koki wrote:
Can someone please add to the website the information about the
Haiku
cross compiler per Michael Lotz's explanation shown below?

Michael wrote:
You could simply put the link into the development tools section
Done

text into http://www.haiku-
os.org/documents/dev/getting_the_source_code. Note
that this all only applies for BeOS based Haiku development. Under
Linux you
don't need this cross-compiler, as you always build it yourself.
I edited that document, but clearly the document is pretty much R5
oriented.
I'll try to make it more platform neutral tomorrow if I get a chance.

Curtis