[haiku-web] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Haiku-commits] r24542 - in haiku/trunk: . build/scripts]

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:28:38 -0700

On Fri, 2008-04-04 at 06:02 -0400, Curtis Wanner wrote:
> Koki wrote:
> > Correct me if I am wrong, but I sense that you are upset, and I find
> > that unfortunate. Can we please try to have a constructive (and
> > friendly) discussion instead? :)
> >
> > The page was formatted in a certain way, following a certain logic and
> > consistent with the rest of the website. I think I can understand why
> > you may find this format disruptive to your eye, but this way of
> > indenting provides a better visual way of distinguishing/separating the
> > bullet lists; in my experience, this form of indenting is common
> > practice both in print and on the web, and more importantly, it is also
> > consistent with our theme. That's the reason why I reverted the change
> > that you made and explained why I did it.
>
> My apologies if I was a bit harsh, but I felt your reply was a bit
> condescending.  A simple reply "I have reverted this change because I'd
> prefer to keep with the theme." would have sufficed over an explanation of
> what is a bulleted list, etc.  I felt my original email was enough to
> explain that I knew I was breaking away with standard theme.  IMHO this page
> comes across as more of a table of contents than an article.  Clearly you
> don't view it this way, so I'm agreeing to disagree. :P

No problem. I did not mean to sound condescending. I gave a rather long
explanation instead of simply reverting your changes without much
detail because I did not want to come across as being dictatorial. I
guess there is always a risk of being misinterpreted on email, no
matter how you write things. :)

Anyway, this is not koki.org that we are talking about, so if the
people on this list disagree with what I do, please say so, and let's
have a constructive discussion. That is what this list is for after
all.

Cheers,

Koki