[haiku-web] Re: Authentication with Drupal

  • From: Urias McCullough <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:52:28 -0800

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:36 PM, Urias McCullough
<umccullough@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM, Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> So I am with Urias - we should really get ourselves a proper CA-signed SSL
>> certificate.
>>
>> If we can agree on this here, we need to ask haiku, inc., I guess, right?
>
> Sure, I don't see why Haiku, Inc. can't handle the acquisition/payment for
> this.
>
> Anyone have recommendations for a good CA we should use?

Looks like GoDaddy's standard SSL certs run less than $30 USD per
year. It seems they have unlimited number of servers they can used
with, and appear to be wildcard certs...

Even better, they have a "1 Free Year SSL Cert for Open Source Projects" offer:

https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/ssl/ssl_opensource.asp?se=%2B&ci=5988

That convinces me unless someone else finds something more appealing :)

I'll check on the wildcard (*.haiku-os.org) support shortly to make sure.

- Urias